You know that growing your blog audience is important:
- If you get more traffic to your website, you’ll grow your email list faster
- If you grow your email list faster, you’ll get more sales of your products and services
- If you get more sales, you can impact more people and grow your business faster
But growing a blog audience in 2018 can be HARD.
Today, more than 77,4 million blog posts are published every month (and that’s JUST on WordPress):
Whenever you publish a blog post, you’re competing with 2,5 million blog posts that also got published on the same day.
When you share your blog posts on social media, they no longer get hundreds of shares overnight.
The top influencers in your industry don’t share blog posts through their newsletters like they used to.
This means that the strategies that *used* to work for growing a blog audience just don’t work as well anymore.
Luckily, you still CAN win at the blogging game in 2018. You just need to play a different game.
To successfully grow your blog audience in 2018, you need to create in-depth content.
Brian Dean writes about this in his Ultimate Guide to SEO in 2018.
He says that the best blog posts today cover an entire topic in-depth, and in-depth content ranks the best on Google:
The more in-depth your content is and the better you cover a specific topic, the higher it will rank on google.
Brian also talks about how long-form content ranks higher on Google today:
Which means that if you want any chance at all to rank high on Google (and attract thousands of visitors to your website), you’ll want to write blog posts that are at least 2,000 words long.
But from my experience, there’s an even better way to grow your blog than to create 2,000-word blog posts (because let’s face it, a lot of people know how to do that today).
I’ve found that the way to win at blogging in 2018 is to create 100x better content than everyone else in your industry.
Do this, and you’ll be able to:
- Get thousands of new website visitors to your website every month
- Grow your email list to your first (or next) 1,000 email subscribers in a matter of months
- Get a flood of new customers to your online products and services
That’s because your content will stand out from all the other “noise” out there.
Learn how to create the best content in your industry, and you’re setting yourself up for success.
So how can you grow your blog audience in 2018?
You can use the same strategy I used to attract 337,059+ visitors to my website…
The same strategy that one of my clients used to get from 0-1500 email subscribers within 6 weeks of starting her website (in 2018!)
And the same strategy that one of my clients used to get from 0 to $32k in consulting work within the first year of starting his consulting business.
This strategy is creating Ultimate Guides.
Ultimate Guides are like blog posts on steroids.
But instead of me telling you about them, let me SHOW them to you:
- Instead of writing just another article about buying a leather jacket, you can create The Ultimate Guide to Buying a Leather Jacket like my friend Peter. This guide is the #2 result on Google when you search for “buying a lather jacket”, and got Peter 1,000+ email subscribers within the first month of publishing it.
- Instead of writing just another article about finding a job in international development, you can create The Ultimate Guide to Finding a Job in International Development like my client Michelle. This guide is also the #2 result on Google when you search for “how to find a job in international development”, and got Michelle 1,500+ email subscribers within launching her website in January of 2018.
- Instead of writing just another article about writing children’s books, you can create The Complete Guide to Writing a Children’s Book like my client Eevi. This guide is the #1 result on Google when you search for “how to write a children’s book”, and got Eevi 600+ new email subscribers within 2 weeks of publishing it (plus many other guest posting opportunities).
In essence, Ultimate Guides are the most detailed and comprehensive free resources online on specific topics.
From my experience, they’re the BEST way to grow your blog audience in 2018 (even if you’re just starting out with your blog).
Ultimate Guides can help you:
- Establish Yourself as an Expert: Enter your industry in a big way, and instantly help you establish yourself as an upcoming expert
- Grow Your Blog Audience: Grow your audience of thousands of raving fans (and monetize your blog in the future)
- Get More Traffic: Get more “organic SEO traffic” to your blog for years to come, and rank on one of the top spots on Google
And I can help you write them.
My top 5 resources for growing your blog audience in 2018
Before you do anything else, make sure you download my free copy of The Ultimate Guide Checklist.
My Ultimate Guide Checklist is by far the most detailed resource on the internet on writing Ultimate Guides.
In this free e-book, you’ll learn:
- How writing my first Ultimate Guide helped me go from 0 to $38,000 in coaching revenue in an industry where nobody knew me yet.
- How I used Ultimate Guides to build an email list of 2,200+ email subscribers within my first year of starting my blog.
- How one of my Ultimate Guides lead to a $36,381 product launch and helped me establish myself as an expert in a new niche.
My Ultimate Guide Checklist will give you access to my step-by-step framework for writing Ultimate Guides.
Once you have the foundation down, you can check out some other free resources on my blog:
- How to Write an Ultimate Guide in 2018: 6 Expert Tips From Neil Patel
- SEO for Ultimate Guides: 5 Tips From a $1,000/h SEO Consultant
- 10 Quick & Easy Ways to Get More Blog Readers
- How I Started a 5-Figure Coaching Business With Ultimate Guides
- How Top Entrepreneurs Grow Their Businesses With Ultimate Guides
Learn how I attracted 337,838+ visitors to my blog
Download my free 13,000+ word Ultimate Guide Checklist and learn how I used Ultimate Guides to drive 337,838+ visitors to my blog!